Picture
With summer on its way and school almost being over I finally decided to start on my Yamaha R6 project. I've got a '08 R6 that is currently in black and everything else on it is bone stock. Over the winter I've been buying parts and getting ready for the build. The picture is of a rendering my friend did for me with the colors that I want on the bike. From my previous experience, its much better to see the color scheme ahead of time on an actual picture rather than trying to imagine it. The picture that was used for the rendering is close enough to my bike where I can get a really good idea of how it is going to look. There only differences are: the licence plate mount, front turn signals, and the exhaust. 
     I just purchased the paint for the lower portion of the fairings today. I decided to go with HotRod Black from SEM since it has the matte finish that I'm after. I got a quart of paint together with the reducer and hardener in a kit for a little under a $100. As for the red I might have to change it to a red candy instead of the "mirror" look that is in the picture simply because of the price. The materials to get that finish are about $600 which is a bit more than I'd like to pay for something like that. I'm still trying to find a way to do it cheaper but there is no reason to hold off on the rest of the bike. For the rims I decided to go with powder coat due to its high wear resistance. The powder should be coming in soon so I will be doing a tutorial on how to powder coat at home. Same goes for everything else on the bike, I want to document the whole build with instructions in case you want to customize your bike as well.

 
 
I added a White Papers section under the articles tab. So far I uploaded my old papers on past projects but I will be writing new ones for each project. Depending on a project it will either be a paper or an article that you can follow to build your own version.
 
 
Picture
Just fixed my Nintendo after it got the purple screen of death. This is usually due to a bad connection with the game cartridge so after cleaning both of the connectors to no avail I decided to replace the one inside the system. I got a new one off of eBay for 10$ and the whole process took less than 40 min. Stay tuned for an article/tutorial if you want to do this yourself and rescue your old system. If your Nintendo just outputs a purple screen or flashes the red light when a game is inserted this is most likely the cause. A quick fix is to just clean both of the connectors with rubbing alcohol or some other solvent, you can also use a Scotch bright pad to get the patina off the connecting pads, but if that doesn't help you will most likely need to do this.

 
 
Picture
Just ordered a couple different tubes from eBay. I got 10 x IV-3A, 10 x IV-26, and 2 x IV-18. I'm most excited about the IV-18's. They are the same tubes as in the Ice Tube Clock from AdaFruit. I plan on making a clock out of them as well but it will display time and date. Already got a cool design for it in my head that I will have to get down on paper once the tubes come in and I can measure the exact dimensions. The two tubes will be positioned horizontally on top of each other with a brushed aluminum base containing all the electronics. As for the other-ones I have no idea what I'm gonna do with them yet, most likely I will make another clock with the IV-3A's. As for the IV-26's I'm not even sure why I bought them but they can be assembled into a 10x10 matrix which could be use-full for something. I will post updates as I go along but so far the tubes are still on their way from Bulgaria.

 
 
Just created a Weebly account for my personal blog. I never used this tool before so we'll see how good it is. For right now the site is under construction so stay tuned for updates.